- Blackboard Learn Ultra: Overview & Features
- New Virtual Assistant and Google Workspace
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows Computers
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Apple Computers
- Email Etiquette: 5 Tips
- 3 Secrets for Using Gmail that You Should Know
- Blackboard Tips and Tricks for Students
- When Your Club Meets Remotely
- Federal Data Privacy Law is Coming
- Do You Have Questions About Privacy?
- This event has passed.
Women in IT: SIM Webinar
November 20, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Empathy Edge: Why Compassion Fuels Leadership Success and How to Build Your Own Empathy Muscle
FOR IT ONLY
Furious customers and failed business launches. Partnerships abandoned out of fear, projects destroyed by misunderstanding. Sexism. Gender Inequality. Every problem that exists in the business world can be traced back to a single, common origin: Lack of empathy. When we are unwilling to place ourselves in someone else’s shoes-unwilling to talk, listen, or understand another point of view-we remain paralyzed. Instead of finding solutions, we repeat the same mistakes. This impacts our professional reputation, team’s productivity, customer’s experience and organization’s performance.
Join brand strategist Maria Ross, author of The Empathy Edge: Harnessing the Value of Compassion as an Engine for Success as she explores the value of compassion as an engine for success. Learn how you as individuals and leaders can amplify empathy through your work and bring your organizations along with you to create a better world.
With fascinating stories from company founders, change-makers and brands we know and love, Ross reveals exactly how empathy makes leaders (and organizations) stronger and more sustainable. And she reveals five concrete ways to flex your empathy muscles for great success.
- How empathy helps you do good while doing well financially: Empathy is not just good for the world but it can be a competitive advantage. We’ll walk through the financial & organizational benefits of acting with empathy-and how you can persuade others in the organization to do the right thing.
- How to avoid the “empathy veneer:” Rather than simply play to good press, there are three levels your organization (regardless of size) must address to truly act with empathy and walk your talk. And learn the crucial role you play to kick this into motion.
- How to flex your empathy muscle: Five actionable ways you can cultivate empathy RIGHT NOW in your own sphere of influence, big or small, so you can have a big impact on your team, brand and the world.
- A renewed sense of passion and purpose to make your work align with your personal values.
“Women helping Women” is a long-standing concept. To all our members, as always, I hope you continue to participate in and personally benefit from SIM Women. We can’t do it without you!
Reminder: Add event to your calendar after you RSVP