The Office of Information Technology is excited to welcome Clara Perdiz as our new Executive Director for IT Client Services. This position was created out of the Information Technology reorganization to lead all IT service and support personnel.
In this role, Clara will govern and lead the delivery of all IT client services for the University, including hardware, software, and learning spaces, to meet the needs of faculty, students, and staff. She will foster a culture that promotes collaboration, innovation, and excellence in order to provide the highest level of client support, as well as develop support models, policies, and procedures consistent with the goals of the university.
One of Clara’s initial responsibilities is to configure the university’s new IT service management platform, knowledge base, and self-service portal, with a focus on expanding the portal’s capabilities and usage. This includes identifying gaps and working across all Information Technology teams.
Clara will oversee the IT Service Desk, EndPoint Services, Asset Management, Learning Spaces and Events Management, and Client Services Operations teams.
- The IT Service Desk includes our walk-in centers at Rose Hill (McGinley 229) and Lincoln Center (SL18), email (helpIT@fordham.edu) and phone (718-817-3999) assistance, and Level 1 and Level 2 support.
- EndPoint Services staff assist with complex tickets beyond Levels 1 or 2 and instances of high business impact or urgency. They are also responsible for equipment returns, hardware and software deployments, moves, adds, and changes.
- The IT Asset Management team maintains the entire hardware and software product lifecycle from purchase, delivery, and eventual return.
- Learning Spaces & Events Management staff ensure technology deployed in non-administrative spaces throughout the University is continually working as designed. They also support events across the university, including Board of Trustees meetings and Commencement.
- The Client Services Operations team provides reporting and analysis to IT leadership and others as appropriate. They also monitor performance of the service desk against service level agreements and manage the knowledge base tool.
Before coming to Fordham, Clara was most recently at the Juilliard School as the Director for Client Services. In that role, she transformed the Service Desk and Desktop Support functions into efficient and effective operational units as substantiated by student survey results and repeated endorsements from the Juilliard community. Clara also led the emergency effort to facilitate remote teaching and working capabilities during the Covid-19 crisis; established excellent working relationships with faculty, staff, and students, and forged effective partnerships with other departments; and identified creative solutions to enhance support for traditionally under-supported groups.
Prior to Juilliard, Clara was a Desktop Support Manager at Stroz Friedberg, where she revamped and professionalized Support Desk operations while emphasizing customer-focused support. She also managed a global Support Desk team encompassing 12 international locations – 24x7x365.
Clara has a BA in Information Technology from Rutgers and several certifications, including Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified IT Professional, and Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist. She is also fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.
When she’s not working, Clara loves spending time with her family. She is excited and delighted to be a part of the Fordham family!
As in the past, please contact the IT Service Desk for any technical assistance and questions. • For immediate assistance, call 718-817-3999 • Email helpIT@fordham.edu • Access the tech help portal via fordham.edu > My Pages > Tech Help • Visit our Walk-in centers: • Rose Hill, McShane Center - Room 229 • Lincoln Center, Leon Lowenstein - Room SL18