Everyone at Fordham, including incoming students, receives a Google Workspace account. Google Workspace makes it easy to work, collaborate, and stay organized. Workspace includes Gmail, Drive, Docs, Calendar, Chat/Meet, and more, and it even offers unlimited storage.
- Gmail is your primary method of emailing professors and receiving information about on-campus events and resources. It is a good idea to check your Gmail at least once a day.
- Drive is a cloud storage platform where you can organize and access files.
- Many students use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides to complete their homework assignments thanks to features like autosave, easy access, document sharing, and more.
- Google also offers a variety of free mobile apps for both Android and Apple Devices.
Once you have your Fordham username, you can access Google Workspace apps by clicking on the small, gray grid in the upper right corner in your Fordham Gmail account. Or, log into fordham.edu > My Apps > Global Apps > Gmail or Google Workspace.
Wish your email address was a little different? Create an email alias!
Blackboard is Fordham University’s learning management system, which students use to access their course content and information. Each course has its own corresponding page in Blackboard where professors can post information like the syllabi, notes, homework, discussion spaces, and more for easy access. Some professors also use Blackboard for assignment submissions or to post grades.
Some things to know before getting started with Blackboard:
- Download the Blackboard mobile app to access course documents and check grades on the go.
- You can update your Blackboard profile with your preferred pronouns and name pronunciation.
- More tips and tricks for students.
Blackboard can be accessed from any internet browser via Fordham’s Blackboard portal or through the fordham.edu portal > My Apps > Global Apps > Blackboard.
Office of Information Technology’s website
Almost everything you need to know about technology at Fordham can be found by searching the Office of Information Technology’s website. Our website is the first place you should go for help accessing the WiFi, setting up multi-factor identification, using the on-campus printers, and more. There is also a bunch of free software for students, like Grammarly and Office 365.
- Check out the complete list of Student Technology Services available to you!
- The System Status Dashboard lets you know if an IT resource is undergoing maintenance or an outage, and therefore unavailable.
- Need help? For quick assistance navigating IT’s website, talk to Riley via the small chat icon on the lower right of our homepage. Riley is an automated virtual assistant who is equipped to direct you to the appropriate information for a variety of common concerns.
- If you don’t see what you are looking for on the website or need specific help, reach out to the IT Service Desk for personalized assistance.
Don’t forget to check out the IT blog for additional tips and tricks for students, and follow us on twitter (@FordhamIT) and Instagram (@fordham_it).