- Cybersecurity PSA Contest for College Students
- Getting the Most Out of Google Workspace
- Who’s That in My Zoom Meeting? Controlling Session Participants
- New Zoom Features: Focus Mode, Improved Sharing, and more
- Electronic ID: Answers to Your Questions
- Faculty Technology Orientation Fall 2021
- Blackboard Learn Ultra: Overview & Features
- Returning to Technology on Campus FAQs
- Voice Typing on Google Workspace
- Citation Tool on Google Workspace
- This event has passed.
Native American Heritage Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
November 14, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wikipedia for Educators at Fordham, supported by Wikimedia NYC, presents:
Please join us at our next Wikipedia edit-a-thon! Help us write and edit under-represented articles of indigenous people and topics to celebrate Native American Heritage Month.
Wikipedia edit-a-thons are a great way of getting involved with the local NYC community to increase the lack of diversity among Wikipedia content.
No experience with editing Wikipedia articles is required.
The edit-a-thon will begin with a brief tutorial to cover the basics and experienced Wikipedians will be available to help you. The event begins at 4 PM and will endy by 8 PM. Stay as long as you’d like.
We also welcome any one who can speak a second language to translate existing articles on the topic.
This event is open to the public. Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptops as we will have a limited number of laptops available for those who don’t have their own. Space is limited to 30 participants, please make sure to RSVP to reserve your spot! Pizza and light refreshments will be served.
Additional details about the event can be found on the Wikipedia Meet-up page for this event.