- Three Top Tech Resources for First-Year Students
- New Service: Vanity Email Addresses!
- 5 Fun Places to Expore in NYC
- New Name and Reorg for Fordham IT
- Seven Amazon Lockers Now at Fordham
- Google Chrome Extensions: Free Tools to Improve Productivity
- Tech Help for Blackboard and Other Services
- Fordham’s Accessible Technology Resources
- Video Conferencing and Lecture Capture: Getting Started
- Fordham Classrooms Fully Equipped with Technology
- This event has passed.
Women in IT: Film Discussion
June 19, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Technology is an indisputable enhancement to our lives. When we use technology to modify human ability, what do we gain and what do we lose? Are there particular concerns unique to women? Join Josephine Law and Judy Rothschild-Best to consider these and other questions in a discussion of the film Gattaca (1997), starring Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke; directed by Andrew Niccol.
Gattaca’s story takes place in the future, where a person’s DNA is analyzed to determine the path of one’s life. Ethan Hawke’s character was born with a congenital heart condition, which prevents him from traveling in space. To fulfill his dream, he secretly assumes the identity of a superior athlete. However, not everything goes as planned (of course!).