- Bb Mailbag: Upcoming Workshops and Blackboard Chat Feature
- 2023 Annual Update from the CIO, Anand Padmanabhan
- Bb Mailbag: Making Your Course Images Accessible With Alt Text
- Bb Mailbag: Gradebook Categories
- Bb Mailbag: Vendor support (Voicethread, Panopto, McGraw Hill, Pearson)
- IT Raises Awareness in Honor of Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Bb Mailbag: Progress tracking
- Fall 2023 Conference: Closing the Digital Divide 11/17 (Fordham Institute for Women and Girls)
- Bb Mailbag: Increasing Student Engagement with Perusall
- Visit the IT Service Desk’s Haunted House!
- This event has passed.
Women in IT: Film Discussion
June 19, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Technology is an indisputable enhancement to our lives. When we use technology to modify human ability, what do we gain and what do we lose? Are there particular concerns unique to women? Join Josephine Law and Judy Rothschild-Best to consider these and other questions in a discussion of the film Gattaca (1997), starring Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke; directed by Andrew Niccol.
Gattaca’s story takes place in the future, where a person’s DNA is analyzed to determine the path of one’s life. Ethan Hawke’s character was born with a congenital heart condition, which prevents him from traveling in space. To fulfill his dream, he secretly assumes the identity of a superior athlete. However, not everything goes as planned (of course!).