- Classroom Technology at Fordham
- Using Technology to Stay Connected with Friends
- Achieve Your Goals!
- Shifting to a Positive Mindset
- Re-Opening and IT
- Preparing for an Unusual Finals Week
- Secrets to Balancing Home and Work Life
- Integrated Website Coming Soon to Fordham
- A Student’s Perspective: The Transition to Online Learning
- Collaborative Technology Space to Open This Fall
- This event has passed.
Women in IT: Film Discussion
June 19, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Technology is an indisputable enhancement to our lives. When we use technology to modify human ability, what do we gain and what do we lose? Are there particular concerns unique to women? Join Josephine Law and Judy Rothschild-Best to consider these and other questions in a discussion of the film Gattaca (1997), starring Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke; directed by Andrew Niccol.
Gattaca’s story takes place in the future, where a person’s DNA is analyzed to determine the path of one’s life. Ethan Hawke’s character was born with a congenital heart condition, which prevents him from traveling in space. To fulfill his dream, he secretly assumes the identity of a superior athlete. However, not everything goes as planned (of course!).