- Classroom Technology at Fordham
- Using Technology to Stay Connected with Friends
- Achieve Your Goals!
- Shifting to a Positive Mindset
- Re-Opening and IT
- Preparing for an Unusual Finals Week
- Secrets to Balancing Home and Work Life
- Integrated Website Coming Soon to Fordham
- A Student’s Perspective: The Transition to Online Learning
- Collaborative Technology Space to Open This Fall
- This event has passed.
(Cancelled) Accessibility Awareness For Your Courses (RH)
January 25, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Creating online courses that are accessible to all students regardless of age, ability, or life situation can be challenging. In this TechShop we review ways course content can be made accessible, benefiting all students, regardless of ability, focusing on specific examples of how, why and which steps to take towards improving ADA compliance in course design. We will:
- Identify some modifications faculty can make when creating and sharing content.
- Review online course design, giving practical advice on making courses more accessible,
- Focus on the various technologies that enable access, and the barriers that can inadvertently block student engagement.
Throughout the presentation, we will provide specific examples of accessibility when creating and managing online content through Fordham’s Learning Management System (Blackboard).