- Blackboard Learn Ultra: Overview & Features
- New Virtual Assistant and Google Workspace
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows Computers
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Apple Computers
- Email Etiquette: 5 Tips
- 3 Secrets for Using Gmail that You Should Know
- Blackboard Tips and Tricks for Students
- When Your Club Meets Remotely
- Federal Data Privacy Law is Coming
- Do You Have Questions About Privacy?
- This event has passed.
Accessibility Awareness For Your Courses (LC)
January 25, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Creating online courses that are accessible to all students regardless of age, ability, or life situation can be challenging. In this TechShop we review ways course content can be made accessible, benefiting all students, regardless of ability, focusing on specific examples of how, why and which steps to take towards improving ADA compliance in course design. We will:
- Identify some modifications faculty can make when creating and sharing content.
- Review online course design, giving practical advice on making courses more accessible,
- Focus on the various technologies that enable access, and the barriers that can inadvertently block student engagement.
Throughout the presentation, we will provide specific examples of accessibility when creating and managing online content through Fordham’s Learning Management System (Blackboard).