Planning to host a video meeting or capture a lecture? Here’s a quick run down of the primary tools you’ll need and where to go for more information.
You can access all the applications described below by going to fordham.edu > Log in to Portal > My Apps.
Zoom is the University’s application for video conferences, lectures, and classes.
- Everyone at Fordham is issued a full and licensed personal Zoom account
- There are no time limits to the length of a Zoom session
- To host or attend a meeting, use your Fordham credentials to log in to your Zoom account
- Zoom recordings saved in the cloud are automatically transferred over to Panopto
- Zoom Learning Center: Getting Started with Zoom Meetings
- Learn how to use Zoom in a workshop hosted by Fordham IT
When you record your Zoom meeting to the cloud, it’s automatically transferred over to Panopto, Fordham’s lecture capture system.
- Everyone at Fordham issued a personal Panopto account
- Edit, organize, and share your Panopto videos
- Related video content: How to Find and Move a Zoom Cloud Recording in Panopto
- Use Panopto to share asynchronous video content
- Upload other audio and video files to your Panopto account
- Panopto integrates with Blackboard
- Fordham IT often hosts workshops on using Panopto
We’ve integrated Panopto with Blackboard, Fordham’s learning management system, to make it easy to share your videos and other media with your classes.
Related video content:
- Configure Panopto for Use with Blackboard
- Add a Panopto Recording to a Blackboard Course
- How to Embed a Panopto Recording in a Blackboard Course
Fordham IT offers full support to anyone needing help using these and all technology services. For assistance, contact IT Services:
fordham.edu > My Pages > Tech Help