We have made some new improvements to the ServiceNow Portal:
- If a ticket is assigned to a technician and someone other than the assigned technician updates it, the ticket number field will be highlighted in an orange color until the assigned technician opens the ticket.
- The Email field is now mandatory in the Incident form.
- The query in “my group’s tasks” is now editable. Technicians can now change the assignment group and view tasks in other groups’ queues.
- The Assignment group field will now only show groups that have an ITIL license and can actively work tickets within the system.
- When opening a ticket from the platform view, the proper VIP highlighting will be presented if the requestor or the person requested for is a VIP.
- There is a new priority selection to the ServiceNow request.
- ServiceNow requests will now have a required open-ended text box.
If you have any questions about the new updates, please contact the IT Service Desk (718-817-3999 or HelpIT@Fordham.edu).
Upcoming Portal UI Change
The ServiceNow Tech Portal will undergo a user interface upgrade over the summer. The new interface is already available for testing in the dev 2 instance. If you do not have access to the dev 2 instance, please contact the IT Service Desk for access.
For additional assistance with basic ServiceNow functionality, Judy Rothschild-Best, Assistant Director of the IT Service Desk, is available for group or 1-on-1 training sessions by request at firstname.lastname@example.org.