Summary of Updates
- Discuss Cybersecurity
- Google Inbox, Groups, and Sites Enabled for Everyone
- Business Continuity Planning
- Better Video Meetings: WebEx
- More Secure Logins
- Fordham Mobile Go
- Sierra OS: Don’t Upgrade Yet
- Microsoft Office is Free
- Online Security Training
- Data Loss Prevention
- Banner Update October 6
1. Discuss Cybersecurity It’s Cyber Security Awareness Month at Fordham! Join the UISO for discussion on how to stay safe in cyberspace at a Learn IT on October 13 at Lincoln Center and October 14 at Rose Hill. Light refreshments will be served. Read more>>
3. Business Continuity Planning If an emergency occurred today, would your office be prepared? Create or update your Business Continuity Management plan. Contact Calvin Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org) for access to RPX. Read more>>
4. Better Video Meetings with WebEx Whether it’s a job interview, a snow day class, or a meeting, WebEx is Fordham’s most robust online meeting tool. Access it at Fordham.WebEx.com or at My.Fordham.edu, in your Faculty or Staff tab. Sign up for training. Read more >>
6. Fordham Mobile Go With over 6,000 downloads and counting, Fordham Mobile Go is a hit! Get the app at the iTunes store and Google Play and start accessing My.Fordham.edu. Read more >>
7. Sierra OS: Don’t Upgrade Yet Do not upgrade your University-issued Mac to Sierra. We expect to announce that it’s safe to upgrade on October 20. Problems? Contact IT Customer Care.
8. Microsoft Office is Free Speaking of downloads, Microsoft Office has been downloaded almost 3400 times to date. It’s available free to faculty, staff, and students for personal use. Read more >>
9. Online Security Training Our brand-new UISO online security training teaches students, faculty, and staff how to protect themselves from cyber threats and attacks. Read more >>
10. Data Loss Prevention Identity Finder, a tool that assesses whether personally identifiable information (PII) has been stored in accordance with Fordham’s Data Classification Policy launched September 20. Read more >>
11. Banner Maintenance | October 6 Self-Service Banner (SSB) Internet Native Banner (INB) will undergo maintenance Thursday, October 6, 12:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. All systems and modules associated with Banner will be unavailable. They will be made available if the maintenance is completed sooner.
During the maintenance period, My.Fordham.edu, the University portal, will be available, as will all other non-Banner services accessible via the portal, such as Gmail and Blackboard.