- Blackboard Mailbag: Enrolling Users
- Faculty AI Interest Group: Testing ChatGPT 4.0 with several Math Questions
- Bb Mailbag: Safe Assign
- Bb Mailbag: Managing Students in a Merged Course
- Bb and Zoom: Time Zone issue
- Introducing Role Labels in Gmail
- Blackboard Mailbag: New Features and Improvements
- Blackboard Mailbag: Folders vs. Learning Modules
- Introducing Tech Help Self-Service: Empowering the Fordham Community
- Blackboard Mailbag: Overall Grades
- This event has passed.
Women in IT: SIM Webinar
December 18, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Accessing the Power of Failure Through Feedback” presented by Misti Burmeister
FOR IT ONLY
“Make failure your fuel: transform failure to wisdom and power.” – Amy Wambach, Olympic gold medalist.
Failure is feedback, and as women we recoil at receiving feedback that is less than perfect. We are conditioned to cringe at the first sight of failure and seek to rid ourselves of the discomfort. Often, we don’t even know that we’re playing a part in shrinking the possibilities inherent in failure.
Most women aren’t even aware of the many ways we hold ourselves back. We don’t know what we can do to change the game. Oprah Winfrey, Meg Whitman, and Abby Wambach are a few who have gotten to the other side of the pressure cooker which comes with the feedback of failure. They have figured out how to integrate the feedback they receive. Equally as important, they have learned how to discard the feedback that’s not meant for them.
Some women have experienced a hesitation from men unwilling or unable to give them honest feedback. Few women know why, or what they can do about it. They want to know what they can do differently to get better results, or to be positioned for advancement. Through simple awareness, and a proven process, women can challenge, and more importantly be challenged, to levels beyond their imagination.
“Women helping Women” is a long-standing concept. To all our members, as always, I hope you continue to participate in and personally benefit from SIM Women. We can’t do it without you!
Reminder: Add event to your calendar after you RSVP