- Three Top Tech Resources for First-Year Students
- New Service: Vanity Email Addresses!
- 5 Fun Places to Expore in NYC
- New Name and Reorg for Fordham IT
- Seven Amazon Lockers Now at Fordham
- Google Chrome Extensions: Free Tools to Improve Productivity
- Tech Help for Blackboard and Other Services
- Fordham’s Accessible Technology Resources
- Video Conferencing and Lecture Capture: Getting Started
- Fordham Classrooms Fully Equipped with Technology
- This event has passed.
Wikipedia Edit-a-thon: Art + Feminism
March 1, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wikipedia for Educators at Fordham will be hosting a Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on Friday, March 1st from 4:00pm to 8:00pm at Fordham’s Lincoln Center campus.
This event is designed to improve coverage of women to mitigate the gender gap on Wikipedia. The edit-a-thon will include tutorials for the beginner Wikipedian, ongoing editing support, reference materials, and refreshments. This event is free and open to the public. People of all gender identities and expressions are encouraged to participate.
Unable to attend but interested in future events? Join our mailing list!
Questions? Please contact Kristen Treglia: treglia [at] fordham [dot]edu.
Wikipedia for Educators at Fordham supports and promotes the use of Wikipedia in the classroom, organizes edit-a-thons on campus and promotes Wikipedia events in the community. This is an open group made of faculty, staff, and students. Founded in 1841, Fordham University, the Jesuit University of New York, is committed to the discovery of Wisdom and the transmission of Learning, through research and through undergraduate, graduate and professional education of the highest quality.
Wikimedia NYC is the regional Wikimedia chapter serving the New York metropolitan area. They help promote free access to the world’s knowledge in support of Wikipedia and the other projects of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikimedia NYC is a separate organization from the Wikimedia Foundation and has no editorial control over Wikipedia or any other project hosted by the Foundation.