- Closing the Digital Gap Conference
- Bb Mailbag: Upcoming Workshops and Blackboard Chat Feature
- 2023 Annual Update from the CIO, Anand Padmanabhan
- Bb Mailbag: Making Your Course Images Accessible With Alt Text
- Bb Mailbag: Gradebook Categories
- Bb Mailbag: Vendor support (Voicethread, Panopto, McGraw Hill, Pearson)
- IT Raises Awareness in Honor of Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Bb Mailbag: Progress tracking
- Fall 2023 Conference: Closing the Digital Divide 11/17 (Fordham Institute for Women and Girls)
- Bb Mailbag: Increasing Student Engagement with Perusall
- This event has passed.
Social Annotation with Perusall (webinar)
August 19, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
If you have text that you want students to close read, Perusall is a fantastic social annotation tool that can help you and your students get more out of reading assignments. Perusall is a plug-in within Fordham’s Blackboard environment and allows you to assign class readings, specify how many annotations (comments, questions, or answers) you’d like students to submit. Students are encouraged to reply to one another, to ask and answer questions. By not only close reading the text, but also by close reading their classmates’ annotations, students can come to your synchronous class sessions better prepared to discuss their reading.