- Blackboard Learn Ultra: Overview & Features
- Email Etiquette: 5 Tips
- 3 Secrets for Using Gmail that You Should Know
- Blackboard Tips and Tricks for Students
- When Your Club Meets Remotely
- Federal Data Privacy Law is Coming
- Do You Have Questions About Privacy?
- Did You Remember to Check Your Privacy Settings?
- 4 New Features in Panopto
- 7 Useful Technology Resources for December
- This event has passed.
Planning for the Spring: Asynchronous Tools (webinar)
December 8, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Teaching in an asynchronous manner, where learning does not take place at a set time and place, is a great way to stay on track when meeting in person is not possible. This approach involves instructors creating and/or distributing content (e.g. recorded video lecture, podcasts, voice-overs on PowerPoints, or even just handouts, etc.) ahead of time and supplementing it with additional elements (e.g. email, discussion boards, text, assignments, polls, etc.) to achieve class interaction but in a nonparallel fashion. In this workshop, we’ll review a variety of tools and approaches, including recording audio files, adding voice-overs to PowerPoints, curating and adding videos to Blackboard, recording screencasts, and more.
This workshop supports course continuity.