- Electronic ID: Answers to your questions
- Faculty Technology Orientation Fall 2021
- Blackboard Learn Ultra: Overview & Features
- Returning to Technology on Campus FAQs
- Voice Typing on Google Workspace
- Citation Tool on Google Workspace
- Compare Documents Tool on Google Workspace
- Preview File-Within-File on Google Workspace
- Smart Chips on Google Workspace
- Changes to my.fordham.edu
- This event has passed.
Out of the Classroom with Fulcrum
February 5, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
For many instructors who teach in New York, the city is seen as a pedagogical asset that can be used to extend their classroom. As a result, many courses include assignments that ask students to leave campus and to explore, examine, and evaluate the city as primary source material. At Fordham University, Fulcrum – a digital note-taking app – provides a flexible framework for students to document their out-of-the-classroom experience (in text, photos, video, and audio) in a way that can be easily consolidated and shared with the class as a whole. The data recorded in Fulcrum can then be extracted and visualized on any number of qualitative and/or quantitative platforms or simply explored on the FulcrumApp.com website and map.
This workshop will give participants access to Fulcrum and the opportunity to test this app in the neighborhood around Fordham University. Our workshop data will then be examined back in a classroom and we will discuss how this app can benefit not only undergraduate and graduate-level courses but academic research as a whole.