- Three Top Tech Resources for First-Year Students
- New Service: Vanity Email Addresses!
- 5 Fun Places to Expore in NYC
- New Name and Reorg for Fordham IT
- Seven Amazon Lockers Now at Fordham
- Google Chrome Extensions: Free Tools to Improve Productivity
- Tech Help for Blackboard and Other Services
- Fordham’s Accessible Technology Resources
- Video Conferencing and Lecture Capture: Getting Started
- Fordham Classrooms Fully Equipped with Technology
- This event has passed.
Out of the Classroom with Fulcrum
February 5, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
For many instructors who teach in New York, the city is seen as a pedagogical asset that can be used to extend their classroom. As a result, many courses include assignments that ask students to leave campus and to explore, examine, and evaluate the city as primary source material. At Fordham University, Fulcrum – a digital note-taking app – provides a flexible framework for students to document their out-of-the-classroom experience (in text, photos, video, and audio) in a way that can be easily consolidated and shared with the class as a whole. The data recorded in Fulcrum can then be extracted and visualized on any number of qualitative and/or quantitative platforms or simply explored on the FulcrumApp.com website and map.
This workshop will give participants access to Fulcrum and the opportunity to test this app in the neighborhood around Fordham University. Our workshop data will then be examined back in a classroom and we will discuss how this app can benefit not only undergraduate and graduate-level courses but academic research as a whole.