- Appointment Scheduling with Google Calendar
- Bb Mailbag: Course Enrollment and Roles
- Strengthening Our Defenses Against Phishing Attacks
- Bb Mailbag: Direct Submit Papers to SafeAssign
- Bb Mailbag: Blackboard workshops and Faculty EdTech Bootcamp resources
- AI Resources: Blackboard Design Assistant and Google Bard
- Bb Mailbag: AI Design Assistant
- New: Google Workspace Homepage View
- Introducing Fordham-supported AI Tools for Learning and Productivity
- New: Create Shareable Video Presentations in Google Slides
- This event has passed.
Innovation Walk: Digital Mapping Meets Pedagogy on El Camino (LC)
October 25, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
(This may be our coolest Innovation Walk yet!)
Right now, there’s probably a map app open on your phone, or there’s one you can summon with a quick tap. Mapping, also called location intelligence, is an integral part of our daily life.
Mapping will also be an integral part of this Innovation Walk.
Join Shawn Hill, Instructional Technologist for Digital Scholarship, who will help us make our own communal Fordham IT map to document what we discover in and around Central Park using the mapping app, Fulcrum.
Shawn will also describe the way Fordham faculty and students are using Fulcrum, often in fields that traditionally don’t create maps. For example, history students are recording their experiences on a map of the Santiago de Compostela Camino trail; sociology students are documenting instances of graffiti in New York’s Hispanic neighborhoods; others are exploring social networks in low-income neighborhoods in the Bronx; and social work grad students are mapping social work field placement sites and contexts throughout Westchester.
Shawn will send you an invitation to install the Fulcrum app on your phone before the walk. The walk will begin with a brief orientation on Fulcrum and the Innovation Walk mapping project. Then we’ll head out to build our map!