- Blackboard Mailbag: Enrolling Users
- Faculty AI Interest Group: Testing ChatGPT 4.0 with several Math Questions
- Bb Mailbag: Safe Assign
- Bb Mailbag: Managing Students in a Merged Course
- Bb and Zoom: Time Zone issue
- Introducing Role Labels in Gmail
- Blackboard Mailbag: New Features and Improvements
- Blackboard Mailbag: Folders vs. Learning Modules
- Introducing Tech Help Self-Service: Empowering the Fordham Community
- Blackboard Mailbag: Overall Grades
- This event has passed.
Asynchronous Tools (webinar)
February 3, 2021 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Teaching in an asynchronous manner, where learning does not take place at a set time and place, is a great way to stay on track when meeting in person is not possible. This approach involves instructors creating and/or distributing content (e.g. recorded video lecture, podcasts, voice-overs on PowerPoints, or even just handouts, etc.) ahead of time and supplementing it with additional elements (e.g. email, discussion boards, text, assignments, polls, etc.) to achieve class interaction but in a nonparallel fashion. In this workshop, we’ll review a variety of tools and approaches, including recording audio files, adding voice-overs to PowerPoints, curating and adding videos to Blackboard, recording screencasts, and more.
This workshop supports course continuity.