- Cybersecurity PSA Contest for College Students
- Getting the Most Out of Google Workspace
- Who’s That in My Zoom Meeting? Controlling Session Participants
- New Zoom Features: Focus Mode, Improved Sharing, and more
- Electronic ID: Answers to Your Questions
- Faculty Technology Orientation Fall 2021
- Blackboard Learn Ultra: Overview & Features
- Returning to Technology on Campus FAQs
- Voice Typing on Google Workspace
- Citation Tool on Google Workspace
- This event has passed.
Asynchronous Tools – Screencasting & More (webinar)
March 19, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Teaching in an asynchronous manner, where learning does not take place at a set time and place, is a great way to stay on track when meeting in person is not possible. This approach involves instructors creating and/or distributing content (e.g. recorded video lecture, podcasts, voice-overs on PowerPoints, or even just handouts, etc.) ahead of time and supplementing it with additional elements (e.g. email, discussion boards, text, assignments, polls, etc.) to achieve class interaction but in a nonparallel fashion. In this workshop, we’ll review a variety of tools and approaches, including recording audio files, adding voice-overs to PowerPoints, curating and adding videos to Blackboard, recording screencasts, and more.
See more resources for course continuity preparation.