- Blackboard Mailbag: Enrolling Users
- Faculty AI Interest Group: Testing ChatGPT 4.0 with several Math Questions
- Bb Mailbag: Safe Assign
- Bb Mailbag: Managing Students in a Merged Course
- Bb and Zoom: Time Zone issue
- Introducing Role Labels in Gmail
- Blackboard Mailbag: New Features and Improvements
- Blackboard Mailbag: Folders vs. Learning Modules
- Introducing Tech Help Self-Service: Empowering the Fordham Community
- Blackboard Mailbag: Overall Grades
- This event has passed.
Accessibility Awareness For Your Courses (RH)
September 28, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Creating online courses that are accessible to all students regardless of age, ability, or life situation can be challenging. In this TechShop we review ways course content can be made accessible, benefiting all students, regardless of ability, focusing on specific examples of how, why and which steps to take towards improving ADA compliance in course design. We will:
- Identify some modifications faculty can make when creating and sharing content.
- Review online course design, giving practical advice on making courses more accessible,
- Focus on the various technologies that enable access, and the barriers that can inadvertently block student engagement.
Throughout the presentation, we will provide specific examples of accessibility when creating and managing online content through Fordham’s Learning Management System (Blackboard).