- Federal Data Privacy Law is Coming
- Do You Have Questions About Privacy?
- Did You Remember to Check Your Privacy Settings?
- 4 New Features in Panopto
- 7 Useful Technology Resources for December
- Three Classroom Resources to Start Using Now
- 5 Best Technology Resources at Fordham for Remote Learning
- New Google Groups arrives November 15
- Laptop-First Strategy Rolls Out
- Fordham’s Amazon Lockers
- This event has passed.
Wikipedia Edit-a-thon: Celebrating the histories and communities of the 5 boroughs
February 4, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Wikipedia for Educators at Fordham, supported by Wikimedia NYC, presents:
Please join us at our next Wikipedia edit-a-thon! Come celebrate Digital Humanities Week by creating and enriching articles on the histories and communities of the five boroughs during the #1Lib1Ref campaign.
Wikipedia edit-a-thons are a great way of getting involved with the local NYC community to increase the lack of diversity among Wikipedia content.
No experience with editing Wikipedia articles is required.
The edit-a-thon will begin with a brief tutorial to cover the basics and experienced Wikipedians will be available to help you. The event begins at 11 AM and will endy by 3 PM. Stay as long as you’d like but you are not required to stay for the entire event to participate.
We also welcome any one who can speak a second language to translate existing articles on the topic.
This event is open to the public. Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptops as we will have a limited number of laptops available for those who don’t have their own. Space is limited to 20 participants, please make sure to RSVP to reserve your spot! Pizza and light refreshments will be served.
Additional details about the event can be found on the Wikipedia Meet-up page for this event.