- This event has passed.
Mathematica with Paul Winterbotham of Wolfram Mathematica (RH)
October 4, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This technical talk will demonstrate live calculations in Mathematica 11 and other Wolfram technologies relevant to courses and research. Current users will benefit from seeing the many improvements and new features of Mathematica 11, but prior knowledge of Mathematica is not required.
Specific topics include:
- Enter calculations in everyday English, or using the flexible Wolfram Language
- Visualize data, functions, surfaces, and more in 2D or 3D
- Store and share documents locally or in the Wolfram Cloud
- Use the Predictive Interface to get suggestions for the next useful calculation or function options
- Access trillions of bits of on-demand data
- Use semantic import to enrich your data using Wolfram-curated data
- Easily turn static examples into mouse-driven, dynamic applications
- Access 10,000 free, course-ready applications
- Use Wolfram Language’s wide scope of built-in functions, or create your own
- Get deep support for specialized areas, including machine learning, time series, image processing, parallelization, and control systems, with no add-ons required