- Using Technology to Stay Connected with Friends
- Achieve Your Goals!
- Shifting to a Positive Mindset
- Re-Opening and IT
- Preparing for an Unusual Finals Week
- Secrets to Balancing Home and Work Life
- Integrated Website Coming Soon to Fordham
- A Student’s Perspective: The Transition to Online Learning
- Collaborative Technology Space to Open This Fall
- Handling Stress in Stressful Times
- This event has passed.
Faculty Technology Orientation 2018 (RH)
August 28, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
All new and returning faculty are invited to this orientation, which takes place at the beginning of the school year. IT staff offer an overview of all IT services and developments relevant to teaching and research. Faculty also have a chance to meet with new colleagues, as well as discuss their views and expectations of technology services for the upcoming academic year with Fordham IT team members. A light breakfast and lunch are provided.
Join your colleagues and Fordham IT staff to refresh your familiarity with Fordham’s rich technology resources. The event will take place at the Rose Hill campus in Walsh Library, O’Hare Special Collections (4th floor).
9:00 Coffee & Muffins
9:30 Welcome and overview of Fordham’s technology resources
- Technology support for faculty at Fordham
- Faculty Technology Centers
- Teaching & Learning Environment (Media Services)
- Communicating with Fordham IT
- Learning Management System
- Research support
- My.Fordham.edu’s essential tools for your classes
- Additional IT training and support
10:10 New technology resources
10:20 Class is cancelled, but you can keep in touch!
10:30 Accessibility issues
11:00 IT Security at Fordham
11:15 Library services overview
11:30 Google Suite for the classroom