- When Your Club Meets Remotely
- Federal Data Privacy Law is Coming
- Do You Have Questions About Privacy?
- Did You Remember to Check Your Privacy Settings?
- 4 New Features in Panopto
- 7 Useful Technology Resources for December
- Three Classroom Resources to Start Using Now
- 5 Best Technology Resources at Fordham for Remote Learning
- New Google Groups arrives November 15
- Laptop-First Strategy Rolls Out
- This event has passed.
Asynchronous Tools – Screencasting & More (webinar)
March 13, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Teaching in an asynchronous manner, where learning does not take place at a set time and place, is a great way to stay on track when meeting in person is not possible. This approach involves instructors creating and/or distributing content (e.g. recorded video lecture, podcasts, voice-overs on PowerPoints, or even just handouts, etc.) ahead of time and supplementing it with additional elements (e.g. email, discussion boards, text, assignments, polls, etc.) to achieve class interaction but in a nonparallel fashion. In this workshop, we’ll review a variety of tools and approaches, including recording audio files, adding voice-overs to PowerPoints, curating and adding videos to Blackboard, recording screencasts, and more.
See more resources for course continuity preparation.