Do you have questions about using technology at Fordham University? The IT Policies, Procedures, Guidelines repository may have some answers.
Top three reasons you should visit the page:
1 Internet of Things (IoT) Policy and Procedures
- The IoT Procedure for Public Networks explains how to request the connection of a streaming device (including games consoles and smart TVs) on the University’s public networks. Learn which streaming devices are supported by the University.
- Faculty and staff can find out how to request a connection to a secure network for their IoT devices at IoT Procedure for Faculty/Staff.
- The Internet of Things Policy spells out the dos and don’ts of IoT device connections.
2 Asset Protection Policy and Guidelines
- The Antivirus Protection Policy ensures antivirus software is installed to detect, prevent, and remove malicious software from the University’s IT Resources.
- The Anti-Spyware Guidelines ensure that appropriate measures are taken to protect IT resources from malicious and unauthorized activity.
- Protect your assets! Download the University’s free antivirus software.
3 Full Disk Encryption Policy
- The Full Disk Encryption Policy requires University-owned laptops and desktops to employ full disk encryption, regardless of their intended use or the data stored on them.
- Obtain encryption software for your computer by contacting IT Customer Care.